Another powerful insight on the “end times” delivered by Jonathan Cahn. Only a Messianic Jew would see this gem in the New Testament. Jesus celebrating the Feast of Dedication. It is not an Old Testament feast.
“At that time, the Feast of Dedication took place at Jerusalem. It was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the colonnade of Solomon. So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.” John 10:22
What was this Feast of Dedication? Today it is known as Hanukkah or Festival of Lights and it was once called the Feast of the Maccabees.
The history of the Feast of Dedication goes back to the intertestamental period and the Maccabean Revolt. After the Seleucid king Antiochus Ephiphanes (name means God Manifest) profaned the Jewish temple and forced the Jews to abandon their sacrifices and adopt pagan rituals, a group of Jewish freedom fighters rose up, defied the oppressive pagan regime, and overthrew the Seleucids. The temple in Jerusalem was re-dedicated to God; ever since then, the Feast of Dedication has been celebrated to commemorate this meaningful event in Jewish history.
We know from Daniel and Revelation that Antiochus Epiphanes provides us with a template/picture of the last days Antichrist. Jesus himself said that “when you see the ‘abomination of Desolation’ spoken by Daniel standing in the holy place then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.” Matthew 24:15
Jonathan reveals what we can learn from the Hanukkah, on how we need to face the Antichrist in our day. What did the Maccabees do to overcome the impossible odds in their day?
- Decided there could be no compromise with the world regardless of the impossible odds against them. Must trust God.
- Must obey His Word and stand on His Word. Even fight with the Word of God.
- Separate from the world, don’t try and fit in and bend the Word of God. Become radical and be the salt and light.
- Learn how to be warriors putting on the full armour daily – Belt of TRUTH first, breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS, GOSPEL OF PEACE on our feet, take up the shield of FAITH, helmet of SALVATION to shield our mind and the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT which is the Word of God. Maccabees were called the “hammers of God’
- The Maccabees carried on the war joyfully knowing God was with them giving them victory over impossible odds.
Paul told us to be joyful in all circumstances even in tribulation. We overcome by the blood of the lamb.
Let us live in the light of Jesus soon coming return, to rule and reign for a thousand years. We are on the winning side. Moreover, at the end of Jesus Millennial reign on this earth, eternal life awaits in the promised new heaven and new earth.