Here’s a list of 13 good news stories relating to the coronavirus: this does not negate the fact God is using this Pandemic for His purposes to wake up His church and shake up unbelievers.
It is important for believers to know God does stay His hand of judgement as result of prayers of His saints. This may be one of those times. However, know the prophesied “birth pangs” and tribulation spoken of in Revelation are coming. Two thirds of all Bible prophecies have been fulfilled, proof the remaining one third will unfold exactly as predicted.
I should stress, the impact of the corona virus on the last to be reached underdeveloped countries will be huge. They are already facing famine from locusts plagues, are already poverty stricken and have poor health facilities. Also, we can’t discount the disastrous economic effects caused by the corona virus on the developed nations. International air travel has almost come to a standstill.
1. Wuhan, which was the epicentre of the COVID-19 epidemic, has closed the last of its 16 temporary coronavirus hospitals because there aren’t enough patients to keep them open.
2. Dutch researchers have discovered a human antibody they believe “offers potential for prevention and treatment of COVID-19.” The lead researcher, Berend-Jan Bosch, made clear, though, it is “still too soon” to know when it might be workable on people.
3. A 103-year-old woman in Wuhan has become the oldest person to beat the novel coronavirus. She recovered only six days after being admitted to the hospital.
4. All the Apple stores in China have reopened after being closed for one month amid the height of the coronavirus outbreak in the country.
5. The Cleveland Clinic has developed a drive-through coronavirus test that can give patients results in one day.
6. South Korea is finally seeing a decline in the number of new cases of the novel coronavirus, though it should be noted they have seen an emerging cluster in Seoul.
7. Experts observing the heartbreaking situation in Italy are surmising that the catastrophic number of critical cases is due, at least in part, to the country’s aging population.
8. Israeli researchers are close to announcing the development of a coronavirus vaccine. However, a lengthy process of pre-clinical and clinical trials will have to come before it’s available to the public.
9. Over the weekend, the governor of Maryland announced the first three people in the state to have confirmed cases of coronavirus have recovered.
10. A group of scientists in Canada have successfully isolated and grown copies of the coronavirus responsible for the COVID-19 pandemic. Isolating the virus, researchers said, will help in developing vaccines and treatment regimens.
11. A biotech company in San Diego says it has identified a vaccine for the novel coronavirus. Arcturus Therapeutics is working with Duke University and the National University of Singapore to develop the vaccination.
12. The health department in Oklahoma has said the first identified patient in Tulsa, a man who had traveled to Italy, has recovered from the coronavirus. The patient has had two negative tests, indicating a total recovery.
13. Scientists are finding it may be possible to use the plasma from recently recovered coronavirus patients to treat those who have become severely ill as a result of COVID-19 infections.