Prewrath eschatology sees the Parousia as a complex-whole, where God will fulfil a variety of purposes:
- Beginning with the revelation of Christ in the sky displaying his shekinah glory and power to the whole world .
- Resurrection and rapture of God’s people.
- Immediately followed by the wrath of God poured out on the earth with the trumpet and bowl judgements. It is the day of the Lord’s judgements upon the ungodly and Antichrist’s kingdom. Duration is possibly 1 year and 10 days, same time as God poured out His wrath the first time during the days of Noah.
- Jesus return to this earth with the saints, restoring Israel to salvation which begins Christ’s earthly reign on this earth for a thousand years. Curse is not lifted off the entire earth. People still die. At the end of Jesus thousand year reign, Satan is released and deceives the nations and a final battle occurs which God ends with fire from heaven. Satan is cast into the Lake of Fire and God’s word says he, the beast and the false prophet will be tormented forever and ever.
- The Great White Throne Judgement is held in heaven after the dead unbelievers are raised to life.
- Unbelievers will be cast into the lake of Fire, which for them will be ultimately, after due punishment, the second death. “Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. Anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.” Revelation 20:14 Also Jesus said, “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Only Satan and his minions face eternal torment in the Lake of Fire which was prepared for them. Matthew 25:41
- “Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Revelation 21:2-5