Report by Pastor Charles Otieno Owino on the Kenya House Church (KHC) Mission trip this month to Giribe Lwala in the Homa Bay County near Lake Victoria. It is the County next to Migori County where Pastor Charles is located.
KENYA HOUSE CHURCH MISSION TRIP TO GIRIBE LWALA:
Purpose of visit: Discipleship
Host: Mr Kennedy Onyango.
Arrival Date: Nov 9th/2022, Departure: Nov 15th.
The KHC team are delighted with how God protected them on this Mission Trip, no equipment failures and the response from so many people was positive. God was present the entire time with several healing miracles and other signs. Pictures truly tell the story and Charles has given a brief description of each one. The pictures are not in order the events occured but I hope this is understood from the descriptions given.
1. Pastor Nyarumba ( in the red T-shirt) is baptizing Mr Cleophas Odhiambo( in the white shirt). Mr Cleophas is a new disciple at Olassi house church. He was a former assistant chief of the county who was interdicted for abuse of office (corruption), and also for being deeply involved in alcoholic drinking. This baptism was carried out when the team visited Olassi on their return trip from Giribe Lwala,
2. Pastor Jacob ministered the gospel message of salvation and repentance at an evangelism meeting in one of the homes our team visited- among them was Shem Nyabuto, a former drug addict (with dreadlocks). He accepted the gospel message of salvation and repentance and gave his heart to Jesus, and accepted Him as his personal Saviour.
3. House fellowship meeting at the home of Mr Kennedy Onyango. Mrs Millicent Girago ( with a baby in her hands). She had a strong pain in her back, and the problem persisted for many years even after visiting many doctors and local herbalists. After receiving prayer, she was instantly healed and the pain was completely gone.
4. Pastor Osogo baptized Mrs Jane Odhiambo, the wife of the former assistant chief of the county. During the KHC trip to Olassi last month this woman at first didn’t believe our Gospel message, but on this trip visiting this house church, we taught her the word of God, she believed and was baptized. This baptism was carried out when the team visited Olassi on their return trip from Giribe Lwala,
5. Believers are in a moment of prayer on our arrival at Giribe Lwala. The opening prayers were at the home of Mr Kennedy (in a tie & brown suit).
6. Evangelism Ministry at the home of Mr Paul Ondiek. Pastor Saoke ministers the gospel message to the 10 adult members of this family. They believed the gospel message of healing and salvation and accepted Jesus as their personal saviour.
7. Pastor Charles ( in a white shirt) ministers the gospel message of end time events of Jesus’ soon return at the home of Mr Kennedy Onyango.
8. Pastor Julius Makacha ministers the gospel message of the coming Millennial Kingdom at an evangelism meeting at one of the homes.
9. Pastor Melkio ministers the gospel message on the role of women in the church at Giribe Lwala house Church.
10. Pastor Charles prayed for some women (on their knees) at the home of Mr Kennedy. And among them is Mrs Dorothy Ouma ( in a dotted white & black dress) This woman’s life was ruined by alcoholic drinks to such an extent that she couldn’t provide for her family. After hearing the gospel message she repented and accepted Jesus as her personal saviour.
11. Pastor Charles with hands raised praying at the home Mr David Garrison. His son (wearing a white shirt & kneeling ) was deaf and dumb, after hearing the gospel message his ears were opened, and he was able to hear and speak little but by using signs.
12. Pastor Kennedy addressed the Giribe Lwala house, church believers, at the close of our mission trip at Giribe Lwala.
A new house church of 10 people was newly founded at Giribe Lwala. This new house church will be under the care of elder Kennedy Onyango.
On the way home, we arrived at the Olassi house church of our host Elder Walter Ogwati in the evening to do baptisms of the new believers the following day. In the evening, we had house fellowship with believers in their home. It was in preparation for the baptism the next day.
Today, at 11:am, we walked down to a new dam to baptize the newly converted believers of this house church, and among them is the wife of the former assistant Chief and her husband (included in the pictures). It was well attended. Later this afternoon, we shall pack our luggage for our trip back home in the evening.
May you kindly put us in your prayers for a successful remaining part of our mission here and also for a safe travelling back home.
As previously reported I have been supporting the KHC movement for four years now even including a trip to Migori to hold a three-day training session with 21 of the KHC leaders in April of this year. The picture shown is me delivering a PowerPoint presentation on Israel’s History and Purpose at this meeting. The image on the screen is of the Israel Feast Days.
As can be seen, the meeting is in a tin shed. We had no power so we had to hire a generator and I purchased the screen. I am hoping that some of my followers will be prompted by God to join me in financially supporting the growth of the Kenya House Church Movement. I have seen it grow from six house churches to twenty-two. If this is something you would like to do email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.