The ‘Priestly Blessing’ or the ‘Aaronic Blessing’ (after Aaron the priest), this blessing has been spoken or sung by Jews for thousands of years over their children or as a benediction over a congregation. The Priestly Blessing can be found in Numbers 6:24-26.
God is in control of our circumstances but He left us in charge of our choices. In these “last days” our daily life choices are crucial so that we live our lives by the grace of God, in His strength and to His glory. Tomorrows regrets are today’s wrong choices. These thirty Biblically based life principles provided by Peter Rahme (Inner West Baptist Church, Chullorah) will help you choose wisely and well, so you wholeheartedly serve our deserving Lord.
It is crucial you let the indwelling Holy Spirit play His role as your counsellor, comforter and teacher concerning all thirty of these Biblical principles. Let Him direct your choices and you will be able to do all thirty, without Him you will do nothing pleasing to the Lord.
- Today I choose to experience Forgiveness from God (and others) and express it freely to others, rather than hold on to bitterness.
- Today I choose to be Grateful to God (and others) for His amazing grace, rather than be angry at Him (and others) for almost everything that seems to go wrong in my life.
- Today I choose to extend Love and Grace to my family and friends rather than being critical of them.
- Today I choose to exercise Mercy towards my family and friends rather than being condemning of them.
- Today I choose to experience Peace with my family and friends rather than being contentious with them.
- Today I choose to make Restitution with others, rather than take revenge on them.
- Today I choose to be set Free, serving God and others, rather than be under the bondage of the spirit of ententitlement.
- Today I choose to learn from and let go of the past, rather than being held back by it.
- Today I choose to live in the present, rather than miss out on it.
- Today I look forward to the future rather than worry about it.
- Today I choose to accept responsibility for my own action and behaviour, rather than blame others for theirs.
- Today I choose to come clean with my painful memories, rather than camouflage them with a fake smile.
- Today I choose to be Humble and Reasonable in the way I treat others, rather than be proud and arrogant in the way I mistreat them.
- Today I choose to be careful not to re-offend and be much better at understanding, rather than be easily offended at the slightest misunderstanding.
- Today I choose to be comfortable in my own imperfection, rather than look to find faults in others.
- Today I choose to lift people up and have fun, rather than put people down and making fun of them.
- Today I choose to be able and willing rather than stubborn and unwilling.
- Today I choose to be positive, exploring ALL the options available to me rather than negative opposing ANY opportunities presented to others around me.
- Today I choose to be proactive in going forward rather than reactive and getting nowhere.
- Today I choose to be productive getting things done rather than busy doing things and getting nothing done.
- Today I choose to be a User Friendly person rather than a person who is User of Friends.
- Today I choose to function according to my design rather than exist in a dysfunctional state of failure.
- Today I choose to function at an Interdependent level rather than a Co- dependent one.
- Today I choose to focus on the Us and What Is rather than ME and What if.
- Today I choose to focus my effort, energy and emotion on doing my best rather than being the best.
- Today I choose to make my priority in my business is to serve the people rather than sell a product.
- Today I choose to do life for the betterment of all rather than the detriment to any.
- Today I choose to connect and contribute rather than control and be contentious.
- Today I choose to take the necessary action to do my life goals rather than talk needlessly about doing them.
- Today I choose to give and receive rather than grab and run.
On December 13th, the heads of state and top officials from Islamic nations gathered together at an emergency summit of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in Turkey, in an attempt to forge a unified Muslim world stance against Trump’s move.
The Istanbul gathering of heads of state and top officials from the 57-member OIC could offer a strong response by the Muslim world to Washington’s move.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan— the current president of the OIC — called on countries to urgently recognise the Palestinian state and Jerusalem as its capital.
Erdogan has been among the most vocal critics of Trump’s announcement. In remarks to the summit, he said Israel is an “occupying state” and a “terror state.”
Palestinian Authority head, Abbas, called Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital a “crime” that threatened world peace.
These bizarre statements explains why there already has been three major battles by these Muslim nations in an attempt to destroy Israel. Miraculously, Israel won them all despite overwhelming odds. Sadly, Jesus prophecies a coming battle during the prophesied 70th week of Daniel which Israel does not win. It is before His prophesied return to earth to restore Israel after the final battle of Armageddon.
“But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, and let those who are inside the city depart, and let not those who are out in the country enter it, for these are days of vengeance, to fulfil all that is written. Alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! For there will be great distress upon the earth and wrath against this people. They will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive among all nations, and Jerusalem will be trampled underfoot by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.” Luke 21:20-24
Are you living as if we are in the prophesied “last days”? Are you in a church that understands the times and is raising up disciples to reach the lost? As you would know from reading my posts, I believe the last days church will be like the church described in the Book of Acts. Leaders such as Francis Chan and Torben Sondergaard are leading the way in this regard. With the Holy Spirit’s prompting, one further step I have taken is to connect with like minded Christian brothers to provide sermons and videos which will equip the “last days” church for the escalating tribulation that is prophesied. Take a look at the website, which is a work in progress, http://www.powerpointsermons.net and the resources already there. Feedback is welcome and please sign up to get a regular Newsletter. Also, please get the word around to churches that could benefit from the resources that are there, and will continue to be added, as we connect with more Christian leaders that can contribute resources to the site.
Jesus said, ” I came from the Father and have come into the world, and now I am leaving the world and going to the Father.” John.16: 28
Jesus Christ – the Son of God set aside His heavenly mansion and royal throne for an earthly manger and a crown of thorns. His mission; a once- for- all rescue mission, to provide for us His beloved creation, separated by sin and alienated from Him, a way back into a right relationship with our Heavenly Father. A way out of the trouble initiated by Adam’s sin, and in touch with His grace and mercy.
With you and I weighing heavy on His loving heart, Jesus Christ – the Christ of God crossed over eternity and came down to humanity, calling all to repent for the kingdom of God is at hand. He challenges the hearts of those who will listen and hear His word and changes the lives of those willing to learn and heed His will.
The souls that believe His lips and receive His love will enter into an everlasting relationship with Him and the servants who reach out to the world and preach the gospel will enjoy His eternal rewards.
Those who call upon His name to be saved will be counted righteous and considered justified having their adamic debt and its sinful deed totally cancelled, and completely taken care of.
Offering forgiveness of sin and a home in heaven to whosoever will come, Jesus Christ – the Word of God went forth with love and truth, proclaiming the best good news ever – the gospel of our salvation and of the grace and peace of God.
Once received and believed, sinners are transformed to saints. Taken seriously and trusted sincerely, ordinary lay people are turned into extraordinary leaders. The Lord of glory and the creator of mankind brought with him His kingdom, which knows no end from heaven above to hearts within. He is the ultimate reality in whom we find true meaning and from whom we draw full comfort. He will replace your meaningless existence with His meaningful living if you would only let Him.
Ready to shed his blood and willing to sacrifice His life, Jesus Christ – the Lamb of God reached out to you and I – His fallen creation to:
- redeem our spirit from the penalty of sin.
- reconcile our relationship with the living God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- restore our fellowship with the heavenly Father, and reunite us back into His loving arms.
- resurrection with a new body and eternal life in a new heaven and new earth
God invites you NOW to take his hand and take a long walk with him from earth to eternity. This lifetime offer is open to all and whosoever will may come and partake of His amazing grace, unconditional love and tender mercy. Do it today.
modified report by Peter Rahme – Grace Through
Great message from Jonathan on taking your sins, your problems to God, on taking everything to God, on how to live in peace. The peace of Shabbat in the Messiah. It is a 35 minute sermon, so schedule it for a time when you can give it your total attention.
Obviously the decision is yours to make, but as we are living in the “last days”, ETERNITY and where you spend it hangs in the balance. This article by Fulton Sheen, which I received at the end of 2014, should challenge you, as it did me then and NOW.
The Decision is Yours (12/24/2014) Fulton Sheen
Like the rain washes away the dust and the dirt and replenishes and purifies the rivers, the streams and waters in the earth for all living things to continue to live and flourish, so My Spirit waits for those to enter, that I may do the same to the hearts and spirits which have freely yielded to Me. It is a decision and act and every decision and act has consequences. What will you do today, how will you live the moments which have been given to you? Will you yield; will you live the day I have set aside for you? Will you follow the path I have laid for you to walk or will you find your own way? This choice, this decision is yours to make every day and every morning, for every day is a new beginning. The consequences of that choice and decision will determine whether you go deeper into My plans and purposes, you stop short or you regress.
For those that regress and choose another path, they will drink of the consequences of that decision. They will step out of the walled city which they had previously chosen to inhabit and are now on their own. They have made themselves subject to the world and have rejected My will and replaced it with their own and they rejected My plans, My purposes and My protection. They have chosen their own path. In these days and the days to come, retracing ones steps and taking back ground will become more difficult and the consequences greater.
For those who stop short, you will continue to walk in the revelation and grace you had been given up to that point, but the former revelation and grace will not be sufficient. It will be harder and harder to stand your ground without fresh revelation and grace. You will be like a stagnant pond, no longer connected to the river which once replenished, purified and allowed it to expand. In time you will become polluted with things which can only grow in water deprived of cleansing and eventually dries up and disappears.
But for those who daily choose the path I have laid out for them, for those who have chosen My will, My plans and purposes over their own, they will not be disappointed. They will receive fresh revelation, fresh grace for the day and they will move forward and the enemy will not have his way with them. I will renew their strength, I will give them wisdom, insight and direction they need for the day and for the days to come. The consequences of this choice will be peace, joy and rest in the midst of the battle. They will have eyes to see, their ears will hear and their mind will understand what My Spirit is saying. Like the sons of Issachar they will understand the times and they will know what to do.
THE DECISION IS YOURS?
These testimonies by forty indigenous Australians are having a powerful witness to all Australians. Only a restored relationship with our Heavenly Father, that Jesus alone can provide, will bring life – eternal life.
David Cameron and the Queen have given strong and encouraging Christian Easter messages this year. It’s a reminder of Australia’s Christian heritage which has blessed this country considerably.
ISIS is attempting to model “Orthodox Islam,” and Islam says they are a “religion of peace. But we need to understand that they don’t consider peace like a westerner would. They only mean that peace will come after they have conquered the world and all people submit to Allah and Sharia Law. The Koran prescribes violence until then. This is an incredibly important nuance to understand and explain to others. Muslims only tell the world half the story.
Irish Muslim leader, Raied al-Wazzan, who has brought charges against an Irish Pastor who dared preach against Islam had this to say about the city of Mosul in Iraq after ISIS conquered it:
“Mosul is the most peaceful city in the world . . . the Islamic State came to protect a section of society that had been marginalised.” Mind you this is after Jihadists had murdered or expelled all of the city’s 2,000-year-old, 60,000-strong Christian community.
This Muslim leader further stated that Sunni Muslims (who agree with ISIS) could now walk the streets of Mosul without fear. This is the “peace” Muslims claim: totalitarian control and the conversion or murder of Christians and everyone else who doesn’t pledge submission to the Caliph. That is the peace they are looking for. Islam is the most violent ideology on the planet towards those who don’t submit to it.
This aspect of Islam is challenging to Christians who don’t want to believe that the Muslims they befriend and work with accept this violent ideology. The correct answer is that all don’t. There is a reform movement in Islam that attempts to distance itself from “Orthodox Islam,” because human conscience naturally rejects violence against innocents. However, it is important to understand that these reformers are rejecting their own scriptures and the “model” life of their prophet.