As some of my followers will have determined, I hold to a Prewrath Rapture position. It means that Christians will go through the tribulation period outlined by Daniel and John in Revelation, but not be subjected to the wrath of God that is poured out during the trumpet and bowl judgements.
For those of you who would like to explore this position further, I can recommend the resources produced by Alan Kurschner – Antichrist: Before the Day of the Lord and Nelson Walters – Rapture Case Closed? both who hold to the Prewrath Rapture position.
Don’t forget you can find sermons and videos relevant for these “last days” available for download on my other website http://www.powerpointsermons.net
I found the following fifteen tenets of the Prewrath position as outlined on Alan Kurschner’s website a great help and I hope you do too.
- There is a future seven-year period, and at the midpoint the Antichrist will be revealed and commit the abomination of desolation, initiating his great tribulation against the Church and Israel.
- There is a biblical distinction between the Antichrist’s great tribulation against the Church and Israel and the day of the Lord’s wrath against the ungodly. The latter event happens after the former event.
- The gathering of the elect mentioned in Matthew 24:31 refers to the rapture (cf. Mark 13:27; Luke 21:28; Rev 7:9–17; 1 Thess 4:13–18; 2 Thess 2:1).
- At an unknown day and hour during the second half of the seven-year period, the Antichrist’s great tribulation will be cut short by the Revelation of Christ to resurrect and rapture God’s people, and this will be followed immediately by the day of the Lord’s wrath with the trumpet and bowl judgements.
- On the same day the rapture happens, the onset of the day of the Lord’s wrath takes place, just as it was in the days of Noah and Lot (Luke 17:22–37; cf. 2 Thess 1:5–10).
- The second coming (parousia) is not a simple (instantaneous) event. The second coming is a complex-whole event containing various purposes of God, beginning with the Revelation of Christ in the sky displaying his Shekinah glory and power to the whole world, and resurrecting and rapturing God’s people, followed by the day of the Lord’s judgments upon the ungodly and Antichrist’s kingdom, restoring Israel to salvation, and culminating in Christ’s earthly reign.
- Although Armageddon is an element within the complex-whole second coming, Armageddon does not initiate the second coming; instead, the second coming begins between the sixth and seventh seal.
- The resurrection and rapture happens between the opening of the sixth seal and the seventh seal.
- The first six seals are not part of the day of the Lord’s wrath. The first six seals are conditional events that must happen before Christ’s return.
- The sixth seal signals the impending day of the Lord’s wrath as recorded in Joel 2:30–31; Matthew 24:29; Luke 21:25–26; Mark 13:23–25; and Revelation 6:12–17.
- The seventh seal pronounces the day of the Lord’s wrath.
- The trumpets, bowls, and Armageddon contain and execute the day of the Lord’s wrath.
- The trumpets, bowls, and Armageddon will not occur before the seventh seal is opened.
- Paul’s “last trumpet” (1 Cor 15:52) is not the seventh trumpet judgment in the book of Revelation.
- Christ’s return to resurrect and rapture God’s people is not imminent (“any moment”), since discernible prophesied events must happen first (e.g., the Antichrist’s revelation and his ensuing great tribulation; the apostasy; coming of Elijah; and a cluster of discernible celestial events). Christ can return in any generation of the Church.
—Alan Kurschner, 08/01/12
Celebration of passing the Same Sex Marriage bill in Parliament House Canberra yesterday. Labour’s Senate leader Penny Wong is the one standing in the picture on the left. She has a particular interest as she is in a lesbian relationship and she and her partner have two girls. On the right, Bill Shorten, Labour’s leader takes part in a March to support the YES VOTE.
Sadly, most of these people live their lives as if God does not exist, certainly not the God of the Bible who tells us that to fear God is the beginning of wisdom. Proverbs 1:7 At this time, I am also reminded of what Jesus said,
“If you abide in my WORD, you are truly My disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-32
God’s word also tells us, that “scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgement and destruction of the ungodly.
The world no longer believes that God judged the world just four thousand years ago. Only eight human survivors of a worldwide flood and yet the evidence of billions of things buried quickly all over the world is stark and ample evidence.
Probably the greatest proof of the authenticity of the Bible is fulfilled prophecy. Over 300 prophecies of Jesus first coming is enough, but do you know that there are many more prophecies concerning His second coming and these are beginning to unfold in our time. One of the most significant is the prophecy of Israel being reborn as a nation and that God would bring Jews back to Israel from all around the world. This is happening at an increasing rate as we approach the last seven years before Jesus return – The 70th Week of Daniel.
Many of the recent posts on this website clearly demonstrate we are in the “last days”. Another, very significant sign given by Jesus, is that in the “last days” there would be apostasy in the church. A great falling away, as the church no longer stands on God’s Word, heeding sound doctrine. Abortion, same sex marriage, gender fluidity and euthanasia are four abominations in God’s sight which will bring God’s judgement on nations that approve of these sins. Australia now joins those other nations that are going down this path of destruction. Judgement of Sodom and Gomorrah was a real historical event but the scoffers are blind.
In my recent post ANTICHRIST REVEALED – MAHDI, I mentioned the next two wars in the Middle East prophesied in Daniel 8. My information was extracted largely from Mark Davidson’s book, Iran’s Great Invasion but I have since watched Joel Richardson’s video. Daniel 8 & The Next Great Wars. I think you will appreciate seeing Joel expound the Scriptures and history relating to these two “last days” wars. Joel is a very humble man as you will see from his presentation. I met both Joel and Mark at the Understanding the Times Conference in Tyler Texas in July. Both were speakers at that conference. Joel was the keynote speaker. Since then, I have been following Joel’s weekly video “The Underground”.