9th of Av is the most solemn day on the Jewish calendar. It occurs on the 9th day of the 5th month on the Jewish calendar – Av (30 days, equivalent July- August).
WHAT HAPPENED ON THE 9TH OF ARV?
- 1. 1313 BC – The Spies Returned With a Bad Report
- 2. 586 BC & 70 AD – Both Holy Temples Were Destroyed
- 3. 133 AD – The Battle at Betar Was Lost. (Simon bar Kochba, false Messiah)
- 4. 134 AD – The Romans plowed the Beit Hamikdash (One year after their conquest of Betar, the Romans plowed over the Temple Mount, the nation’s holiest site)
- 5. 1290 AD – The Jews Were Expelled From England
- 6. 1492 AD – The Jews Were Banished From Spain
- 7. 1914 AD – World War 1 Began
- 8. 1941 AD – Hitler signed the decree to implement The Final Solution
Thousands of years ago God vowed to Abraham that He would “bless those who bless you; and curse those who curse you.” (Gen 12:3) Many individuals, nations, and empires have put God’s Word to the test. As one of the greatest superpowers the world has ever known, has Britain proved the potency and longevity of God’s ancient covenant with Abraham and his descendants?
This documentary film traces the rise and fall of the British Empire as it intertwines with Britain’s complex historical relationship with the Jewish People. What was Britain’s role in the re-birth of Israel in her historic homeland? How did Britain’s rich Christian heritage intersect with geo-political factors surrounding the First and Second World War? Did Britain’s destiny end in a forsaken promise?
Presented by Lance Lambert, the film features interviews with academics and church leaders, alongside eye-witness accounts, historical footage, and live action dramatisation of an epic journey with urgent implications for our modern times. It demonstrates God is in complete control of events on His planet. World history is unfolding exactly as He says it will in His book, the Bible. Another great movie from Hatikvah Films. Check them out for other great prophetic Biblical films particularly relating to the role of Israel in Gods plans.