I may lose some followers with this post, but so be it. This post is an edit of Jeffrey Daly’s (National Day of Repentance) letter to Christian Warriors – http://www.repentday.com
When modern day Mega-preachers tell us that you are supposed to “hang out” with sinners, that is false teaching. It results in chaos and disorder. We are to call sinners to repentance, just like Jesus did. If, after we give the message, they don’t want anything to do with repentance, here’s the scripture for that:
If anyone will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that place, as a testimony against them.
~ Mark 6:11
When we align ourselves with evil-doers, we don’t advance the cause of Christ. We simply get the world’s muck on us. Soon we become indistinguishable from the world, “unsalty” salt only good for trampling underfoot.
Even worse, when we “befriend” the world, we actually become ENEMIES OF GOD!
Adulterers and adulteresses, do you not know that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. James 4:4
As Paul passed his mantle to Timothy, his words still bless us today with Holy Spirit-filled guidance for addressing sinners:
And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by Him to do His will. 2 Timothy 2:24-26
So, instead of attempting to make “friends,” let’s… GO AND MAKE DISCIPLES OF ALL NATIONS IN CHRIST’S NAME!
Still not convinced, here are some more Scriptures:
1. Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion has light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14
2. I wrote you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people. 1 Corinthians 5:9
3. Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. Ephesians 5:11
4. Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful. Psalm 1:1
5. I do not sit with deceitful men, nor will I go with pretenders. Psalm 26:4
6. I hate the assembly of evildoers, And I will not sit with the wicked. Psalm 26:5
Thus, scripture does NOT teach us that Jesus is a “friend of sinners.” He came to CALL SINNERS TO REPENTANCE!
7. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Luke 5:32
One thought on “TOUGH MESSAGE FOR CHRISTIANS”