Yesterday the 9th of Av began, Tisha B’Av, a sad day in Jewish history, but surely evidence for the fact that God is in control of history on His planet and that He judges nations.
- On the ninth of Av day 1445 BC, ten of the twelve spies sent by Moses to search the Promised Land came back with a negative report resulting in the Jews wandering 40 years in the wilderness.
- On the 9th of Av 586 BC the first temple was destroyed by the Babylonians.
- On the ninth of Av 70 AD the Second Temples was destroyed by the Romans.
- On the ninth of Av 1290 AD the Jews were expelled from England.
- On the Ninth of Av 1492 AD was the date designated for all Jews to leave Spain.
- On the ninth of Av 1941 AD, SS Commander Himmler formally received approval for the “Final Solution.“
If only the Jews, and our leaders for that matter, would read and obey the following Scripture:
“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:13-14
Whilst the date these events occurred (ninth of Av) demonstrates God is in control of history. It also demonstrates the spiritual warfare that is raging on this planet as Satan strives to destroy God’s nation.