Learning what it means to be a leader who models the way of Jesus is a life-long process. The main characteristics I see in leaders of integrity are:
* First and foremost, they understand the magnitude of the gift Jesus made possible for our Heavenly Father to send to enable them to live the Christian life. He sent the third person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, to indwell our spirit to be our counsellor, comforter, and teacher. He produces the fruit of the Spirit in our lives and provides the gifts of the Spirit for ministry. We do not grieve Him or quench His work in our lives. We obey Him and let Him guide our every step.
* They are in the Scriptures daily searching for the many prophecies of Jesus’ second coming so they are prepared for what is coming next. Jesus said, “See I have told you beforehand” Matthew 24:25
* They are building a Kingdom, not an empire so give as the Holy Spirit leads.
*They train up disciples knowing that God has given us all different talents and has different tasks for us to complete. Remember the parable of the talents some got three, some got five but those that are obedient get the same reward.
* They see the talents that each one has and encourage them and develop them wherever possible.
* They share opportunities, stages, and platforms.
* They are quick to know and own their failures. They repent daily.
* They are bold and confident in Christ, the only hero.
* They are expectant for the future.
We live knowing that Jesus is returning soon to rule and reign with us (glorified Saints) on this earth. See http://www.millennialkingdom.net. We need to prepare for His return knowing the “end times” prophecies that tell us of escalating tribulation and apostasy.
“For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, those days will be cut short. Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand” Matthew 24:21-22