Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance, and the very ends of the earth as Your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall shatter them like earthenware. Psalm 2:8–9 NASB
“But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; and He shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth; and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.” Isaiah 11:14
“For the nation and kingdom that will not serve you shall perish; those nations shall be utterly laid waste.” Isaiah 60:12
“Thus says the Lord, “I will return to Zion and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Then Jerusalem will be called the City of Truth, and the mountain of the Lord of hosts will be called the Holy Mountain.” (Zechariah 8:3 NASB)
In the parable of the talents, Jesus tells the faithful slaves who have doubled their wealth that they will rule cities. I believe by our faithfulness we will have proved ourselves capable of ruling cities in the Millennium.
“Then the sovereignty, the dominion, and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him.” Daniel 7:27 NASB
“Do you not know that the saints will judge the world?” 1 Corinthians 6:2
In the Millennium the law and order that God set up for Israel will apply, particularly the Sabbath, Shemitah, and the Jubilee for debt forgiveness and restoration of the land. As well, most of the Feast Days will apply. It will not be enough for people to say that “I love my neighbor”; They must actually invest in their material well-being.
No doubt the death penalty will be reintroduced and is part of Jesus and the Saints ruling with a rod of iron during the Millennium. Moreover, evil deeds will be judged and dealt with speedily.
“Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily, the heart of the children of man is fully set to do evil.” Ecclesiastes 8:11
We know that when Satan is released at the end of the Millennium he is still able to raise an army like the sand of the sea to come against Jesus and the Saints. Just as Satan in the presence of God and the angels in heaven, he was able to convince one-third of the angels to rebel against God, on earth, at the end of the Millennium, Satan is able to convince many people who were born during the Millennium to rebel against Jesus and the Saints.
“And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea. And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them, and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.” Revelation 20:7-10
It must be remembered what the Lord said about the wickedness of man at the time of Noah.
“The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” Genesis 6:5
“For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.” Mark 7:21-23
How is your heart are you in rebellion against God and His Kingdom? If you are, you will shortly face the wrath of God that is poured out with the Trumpet and Bowl judgements. At the end of Jesus’ Millennial reign is the second resurrection when you will be judged at the White Throne and then thrown into the Lake of Fire where you face a second death.
“Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.” Revelation 20:6
“But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8
For more on the Millennial Kingdom please go to my new website which is in development http://www.millennialkingdom.net and please click on the link on the Home Page to get the Newsletter advising you of new resources being made available on the website.
Click on RESOURCES to Download the FREE six Powerpoint Presentations on Israel:
- God and Israel – Nations are God’s idea – As we approach the time when Jesus will set up His Millennial Kingdom on earth from a renewed Jerusalem. It is helpful to look at why and how God initially set up His nation Israel. God initially set up nations at the Tower of Babel when He confused the languages. Nations are God’s idea and they were made for His purposes. Even before the Israelites entered the Propmise Land, Moses told the people prophetically all that would happen to them including their being cast out of the land and being dispersed all over the world but God would gather them back to the land and eventually their promised Messiah will rule the nations from new Jerusalem.
- Israel: History & Purpose – Israel is God’s vehicle to bring salvation to all the world. God created Israel to be His “Kingdom” on earth. Nine times, He described the Land of Israel as His “Land”—“the place He has chosen as the dwelling place for His Name.” The covenant with Abraham is described as “everlasting” or “forever”. Israel’s rebirth in 1948 after almost 1900 years was a miracle, a miracle which Jesus prophesied in the Olivet Discourse (parable of the fig tree) as the first major sign prior to His return.
- Jubilee Cycles – Provide Prophetic Milestones in God’s Redemptive Plan – Can we build a reasonable Biblical case for the Jubilee cycles as the prophetic backbone of the Bible? Has God built the entire history of this Cosmos from its beginning to its fiery end based on Jubilee cycles? A straight forward summation of early biblical patriarchal lineages, reveals there were 41 generations which also represent 41 Jubilee cycles between Adam and Abraham and 41 from Abraham to Yeshua. How many Jubilee cycles have there been since Yeshua? Further insight is added when we consider that the book of Revelation associates the New Jerusalem with the number 144 and that the 144th Jubilee begins in the 8th year of the 8th Millennium.
- Prophesied Restoration of the Land to Israel – Prior to Jesus’ Second Coming – The prophesied restoration of the land to Israel which began in 1948 is undeniable evidence of Biblical truth and that we are living in the last days. God revealed to all of the Old Testament prophets the future history of His nation. Even before Israel had set foot on the land God told Moses that He would drive the Jews out from the land He was about to give them because they will reject Him and His Messiah, but by God’s grace, all were shown the end of the story with a regathered people in a restored land with a descendant of King David ruling and reigning from Jerusalem. God created Israel to be His nation to show a fallen world, separated from God, His ways, His laws and the consequences of obeying and disobeying those laws. We need to know that the laws concerning the Sabbath, Shemitah and Jubilee are extremely important to God. A major reason for Israel’s 70 year captivity in Babylon was that Israel failed to keep 10 Shemitahs. What about now is God still controlling Israel’s history with regard to the Shemitah and Jubilee? I hope this presentation will convince you that God is controlling history in accordance with His timing, particularly with regard to the Jubilee. As well, I hope to reveal the people and events that God used and is using to achieve His purposes, for His nation Israel, exactly as prophesied.
- Israel’s Feast Days – In Type and Prophecy – In the Bible, God set festivals, events, and times according to the lunar calendar of 354 days. God’s timetable meant that these events didn’t line up to MAN’S way, but HIS. Man wants a fixed and predictable timetable. But God says, “Trust Me and My timing”. We will look at Israel’s Feast Days (Moedim –Appointed Times) from a “last days perspective. When God set up Israel as His nation, in Leviticus 23, He established the laws of “acceptable approach” to God which was sacrifice, there is no forgiveness for sin without the shedding of blood. In Numbers, God has Moses institute seven annual feasts. The Lord instituted His Holy Feasts as holy assemblies to remind His chosen people of how to live their lives in a manner acceptable to Him. Moreover, it is also prophetic of God’s plan for His world. Israel’s Holy Days are prophetic, they represent a calendar of His Story of His Cosmos. It demonstrates God’s total control of history. Hopefully, it will strengthen your confidence and hope in our Lord for the future and enable you to endure the coming prophesied tribulation.
- Israel Fully Restored – Jesus will rule the nations from Jerusalem – As Jesus told some of the disciples on the road to Emmaus “And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.” Luke 24:27. God’s story from beginning to end is all about Jesus. This presentation seeks to show that right from the beginning God prophesied about Jesus and His battle with Satan and that He will be victorious and rule and reign the nations from Jerusalem in the land He set aside for His nation. The Millennium Kingdom is a transition period prior to the White Throne judgement and God creating a new heaven and new earth where only the righteous dwell. We know that Sarah’s seed was supernaturally produced by God which resulted in Abraham and Sarah producing Isaac. Moreover, we know that God challenged Abraham to sacrifice Isaac which prefigured God sacrificing His own son Jesus. Jesus was of course in Abraham’s lineage. The millennial reign of Jesus fulfills the covenant Jesus made with Abraham and all the prophecies of the O.T. prophets.