The following email that I sent to my House Church and friends who have supported the KHC movement in the past is self explanatory. I hope you decide to support this group. You can do so by clicking the Donate icon on the Home Page.
TO: Ron Edwards, LEN followers and friends
It is with a great sorrow and pain to inform you of the demise of the late pastor Mourice Otieno Oguttu, who was a key pillar among the founding leaders of the Kenya house church movement, until his untimely death, Mourice was pastor and a leader at Ndhiwa house church.
The late pastor Mourice met his untimely death on Monday, September 6th, 2021. While riding on a motorcycle from his home at Ralan’g village in Dhiwa to Migori town, where he met head on with a lorry carrying logs of timber, a grisly accident which left two people instantly dead.
His body was first taken to Migori District level 5 hospital mortuary, and was later transferred to Ojele memorial hospital mortuary, for lower charges, waiting for the burial next week.
Pastor Mourice has left behind, wife(Vivian), and three children.
At a KHC’s leaders meeting held today at the home of pastor Mourice brought together nearly all KHC leaders with the key family members of the deceased. It was agreed with one voice that Mourice’s body will be laid to rest on Monday Sep13th, 2021.The government through the department of health COVID-19 guidelines requires that the dead person be buried within maximum seven days and with only 100 people in attendance.
Resolutions made by the KHC leaders:
1) The leaders resolved that KHC planned mission trip to KOKENDI & ONG’ER, on Sep,14th -19th,021, has been postponed and now will be on October 5th-10th, 2021
2) Pastor Jacob will take charge of the leadership of Ndhiwa house church, meanwhile preparation will be made to appoint a new leader of this house church.
3) The requested mission trip funding to KOKENDI & ONG’ER mission trip be channelled to help support Pastor Mourice’s mortuary and burial expenses.
4) The KHC leadership to ensure the young wife and the three children are supported, specifically clothing, food and schooling.
5) All leaders and house churches to help donate in support for a successful burial of our beloved late pastor Mourice.
6) All KHC leaders and house church believers to meet at the home of the late pastor on evening of Saturday September 11th with all the contributions.
KHC leaders is requesting brother Ron and all LEN house churches to help join us hand donating in support for the mortuary bill, and burial expenses for the late pastor Mourice. We have a total budget of KShs 56,310/. and we are kindly requesting brother Ron and the LEN house churches to help support us with Au$400, approximately KShs 30,000.
The remaining needed amount KShs 26,300,KHC leaders and house churches are making ways possible to raise.
We all know and understand the financial limitations in place, but we are praying and trusting God to for his supply and provisions.
Charles Leader & Founder KHC movement.