CNN’s Don Lemon reacts to the Vatican declaring that God cannot bless same-sex unions with “God is not about hindering people or even judging people.”
Where does Lemon get his ideas about God? It certainly is not God’s Word. God is indeed a judge. And as for the “hindering” comment, I’d just have Mr. Lemon refer to the book of Genesis when God floods the entire earth because everyone acted wickedly 24/7. If a devastating flood that kills every living thing on earth except those on Noah’s ark isn’t “hindering” in the affairs of man, I don’t know what is.
The following Scriptures are just a smattering of the plentiful verses throughout both the Old and New Testament testifying to the fact that God is indeed a judge
- “Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?” – Genesis 18:25
- “The Lord will judge the ends of the earth” – 1 Samuel 2:10
- “Can anyone teach God knowledge, In that He judges those on high?” – Job 21:22
- “The Lord judges the peoples” – Psalm 7:8
- “God is a righteous Judge” – Psalm 7:11
- “God is the Judge” – Psalm 75:7
- “For the Lord will judge His people” – Psalm 135:14
- “For the Lord is our Judge” – Isaiah 33:22
- “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” – John 3:18
- “He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.” – Acts 17:31
- “Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead” – 2 Timothy 4:1
We will seen more of this type of man-centered, modern theology purporting to be Christian confidently presenting itself with increased frequency. For example, an openly gay “pastor” recently went viral for claiming Jesus was a racist. This person with the title ‘pastor’ took the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who lived a perfect and sinless life and sacrificed himself on the cross for his people, and reduced him to just another sinner in need of saving.
In the “woke” world we are now living in, even basic truths of the Bible will be abandoned by many because the truth of God’s word simply doesn’t align with the “woke” mantra we are seeing play out today.
“I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder, that you should remember the predictions of the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles, knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.” 2 Peter 3:2-7
One thought on “GOD DOES JUDGE PEOPLE AND NATIONS”
‘ If a devastating flood that kills every living thing on earth except those on Noah’s ark isn’t “hindering” in the affairs of man, I don’t know what is.’ Nice summation, Bro Ron. 🙂